- Open daily.
- 1 October - 30 April: 10 - 16
- 1 May - 30 September: 9 - 18
- Closed: 1 January, 5 February, 12 February 2020
- Open Tuesday-Sunday. Monday closed.
- 1 October - 30 April: 11 - 16
- 2 May - 30 September: 10 - 17
- Closed: Mondays, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day, New Years Eve, New Years Day, 1 May and 17 May
Adults: NOK 100
Students/Seniors: NOK 80
Children under 18: Free
Staff and students at UiO: Free
Refugees/asylum seekers: Free
Season ticket, adult: NOK 400
For tour operators: To apply for a voucher agreement, please send an email to email@example.com
Directions and maps
The Viking Ship Museum
Huk Aveny 35, 0287 Oslo
- Bygdøyfergen: ferry from Rådhuskaia to Dronningen. See VisitOSLO for details
- Bus nr 30, direction Bygdøy, to Vikingskipene. See ruter.no for tickets and time tables
Paid parking for private cars behind the museum, 12 kroner per hour during summer season, free during winter season.
The Historical Museum
Frederiks gate 2, 0164 Oslo
- The museum is located a few minutes walk from Nationaltheatret t-station.
- Tram nr 11, 17 and 18 to Holbergs plass. See ruter.no for tickets and time tables
There is no dedicated parking at the museum. Visitors kan use public parking in the area.
For information about accessibility for wheelchair users, please see bottom of page.
Museum shop and café
Viking Ship Museum
The shop has a wide range of goods related to the Viking era: jewelry, souvenirs, games and toys, and books about the Viking age for children and adults.
In the summer, visitors can purchase light food and drink at the outdoor public café.
The shop has a wide range of jewelry, books and magazines related to archeology, history, anthropology and numismatics. We also have postcards, souvenirs and toys.
There is no food or drink service at the museum, but there are cafés and restaurants in the immidiate vicinity.