Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions in connection with participation in the Museum of Cultural History’s competition: "How much does the Oseberg ship weigh?"
- The competition will be held here
- The competition is being organised by the Museum of Cultural History ("the organiser"), Fredriksgate 2, St. Olavs plass, 0130 Oslo, Norway.
- Employees and representatives of the organiser and its subsidiaries, and all members of their households, are not permitted to enter the competition.
- Participants do not have to buy a product from the organiser to be able to take part in the competition.
- The competition will take place in the period from 5th of January to the 29th of Jaunary midday, 2018 (“the competition period").
How to participate in the competition
- Answer the questions in the digital quiz form, all fields must be filled in.
Choice of winners and the prizes
- Within five days of the end of the competition period, the organiser will find the ten answers that are closest to the actual weight of the Oseberg ship.
- If more than one person has guessed the correct weight, there will be a draw to decide the winner, where the winner of the draw will receive the first prize and the loser(s) of the draw will receive the second prize. The same principle applies to shared second and third places.
- The organiser will then contact the winner directly by e-mail. The winner will be asked to send their full name, postal address, telephone number and e-mail address to the organiser in a private message. The prizes will be sent by post to the postal address provided to the organiser.
- After the organiser has contacted the winners, the winners have seven days to respond. If a winner does not respond within seven days, the prize is lost and the organiser will choose another winner and contact that person.
- There are ten (10) prize winners in the competition. The main winner will receive a wooden model of the Oseberg ship and a 12-month membership to the Museum of Cultural History. The second and third place winners will both receive a woollen blanket and a 12-month membership to the Museum of Cultural History. The fourth to tenth place winners will each receive a 12-month museum membership. In total, the prizes comprise one (1) wooden model of the Oseberg ship, two (2) woollen blankets and ten (10) 12-month memberships to the Museum of Cultural History.
- The prizes cannot be exchanged for cash or other prizes.
- In the event that the stated prizes are not available in sufficient quantities, the organiser reserves the right to replace the prizes with another prize of equal or greater value.
- The organiser is not responsible for paying income tax on the value of the prize that is awarded to the winner of the competition.
- The organiser's decisions regarding the eligibility of a participant and choice of the prize winners are final and cannot be changed.
General terms and conditions
- The personal information submitted by the participants will only be stored in connection with the competition and will then be destroyed. The personal information will not be used for any other purpose, unless this is agreed with the participants. In cases where the participants agree to receive the Museum of Cultural History’s newsletter, the participant's name, telephone number and e-mail address will be stored securely in the Museum of Cultural History’s e-mail system (in line with the Norwegian Data Protection Authority's guidelines).
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these competition terms and conditions or that incorrect, illegible, false or in some other way invalid or improper information has been provided, the organiser may at his discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfil the prize .
- If for some reason the competition is not held as planned, the organiser reserves the right to change the competition terms and conditions, including parts of the prize, the value of the prize and the competition rules, subject to approval from the gaming authorities in the participating countries. Any changes will be announced on the Museum of Cultural History’s website.
- These competition terms and conditions are subject to Norwegian law. The winners agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts in Norway.