In the framework of conservation science, my research focuses on nanotechnologies for restoration, deacidification methods of ligno-cellulosic materials and design of organic-inorganic nanocomposites applied to cultural heritage.
I received my B.Sc, and M.Sc. in Conservation Science from University of Florence. As a visiting PhD candidate in 2014–2015, I spent almost two years at our Saving Oseberg laboratory in Bygdøy, where I investigated the mechanisms leading to the deterioration of alum-treated wood. In 2017 I received my PhD in Chemical Sciences from the Center for Colloid and Surface Science (CSGI)/University of Florence. My PhD thesis deals with the design and application of nanotechnologies for the restoration of alum-treated archaeological wood.
- Kostomitsopoulou Marketou, Ariadni; Andriulo, Fabrizio; Steindal, Calin Constantin & Handberg, Søren (2020). Egyptian Blue Pellets from the First Century BCE Workshop of Kos (Greece): Microanalytical Investigation by Optical Microscopy, Scanning Electron Microscopy-X-ray Energy Dispersive Spectroscopy and Micro-Raman Spectroscopy. Minerals. ISSN 2075-163X. 10 . doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/min10121063 Full text in Research Archive.
- Andriulo, Fabrizio; Giorgi, Rodorico; Steindal, Calin Constantin; Kutzke, Hartmut & Braovac, Susan (2018). Nanotechnologies for the restoration of alum-treated archaeological wood, In Emily Williams & Emma Hocker (ed.), Proceedings of the 13th ICOM-CC Group on Wet Organic Archaeological Materials Conference: Florence 2016. International Council of Museums, ICOM. ISBN 978-92-9012-436-8. -. s 176 - 183
- Andriulo, Fabrizio; Giorgi, Rodorico; Baglioni, Piero; Steindal, Calin Constantin; Braovac, Susan & Kutzke, Hartmut (2017). Hybrid nanocomposites made of diol-modified silanes and nanostructured calcium hydroxide. Applications to Alum-treated wood. Pure and Applied Chemistry. ISSN 0033-4545. . doi: 10.1515/pac-2016-1014
- Andriulo, Fabrizio; Braovac, Susan; Kutzke, Hartmut; Giorgi, Rodorico & Baglioni, Piero (2016). Nanotechnologies for the restoration of alum-treated archaeological wood. Applied Physics A: Materials Science & Processing. ISSN 0947-8396.
- Braovac, Susan & Andriulo, Fabrizio (2020). Applying alkaline nanoparticles to deacidify alum-treated wood.
- Steindal, Calin Constantin; Simonsen, Margrete Figenschou & Andriulo, Fabrizio (2019). Saint Olaf pilgrim badges. Microchemical analysis - insight into alloy compostition and manufacturing.
- Andriulo, Fabrizio; Giorgi, Rodorico; Steindal, Calin Constantin; Kutzke, Hartmut; Braovac, Susan & Baglioni, Piero (2016). Nanotechnologies for the restoration of alum-treated archaeological wood.