Dell'Unto's research focuses on the investigation of new methodologies for 3D documentation, visualization and analysis of archaeological sites.
Nicolo´ Dell’Unto studied archaeology at the University of Rome, La Sapienza. Upon completion of his Masters, he had a joint appointment as a research assistant at the Institute for Technologies Applied to Cultural Heritage, ITABC-CNR, Italy. There, he took part in several international projects for 3D documentation and visualization of archaeological sites through the use of digital techniques. Later, he obtained a PhD in technologies and management of cultural heritage at the Institute for Advanced Studies, IMT Lucca, Italy. He also worked as a postdoc and lecturer at the University of California Merced before his current position as Associate Professor at Lund University. Since August 2019 he joined the Department of Collection Management at the Museum of Cultural History.
- November 2017- Einar Hansen prize, for outstanding achievements in humanities.
- January 2017- Highly Cited Research in Journal of Cultural Heritage
- September 2014- Best Paper Award in the category senior researchers, international conference “From Space to Place”, Duke University, Duran, North Carolina, USA, 13-15 October 2014.
- March 2013 - Lund Student Stud Pedagogical Award, VT 2013.
- 2015- Lund University, Sweden, Associate Professor in archaeology (Docent)
- 2014-Lund University, Sweden, Senior Lecturer
- 2010- Lund University, Sweden, Associate Senior Lecturer
- 2009-10-12/2009-12-31 Research Fellow at Lund University humanities lab, Lund Sweden
- 2009-10-01/2010-01-31 Research Fellow at the Department of Design Science, LTH, Lund, Sweden
- 2008-03-13/2009-05-25 Research Fellow at the University of California Merced, School of Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts, USA
- 2008-Fall 2009 UC Merced, California, USA, Lecturer
- 2005 University of Siena, Italy, Lecturer